The following is a list of words that I am trying to incorporate into my life in 2014 to make my life better:
- Stronger…Strength training is critical to helping me become stronger in every discipline of triathlon.
- Faster…The run is one of my stronger disciplines of triathlon, but I am working on becoming faster on the run after coming off the bike.
- Powerful…The bike is one of my weak links. I am working hard to become more powerful and efficient on the bike, but also set myself up for a strong and fast run after I leave Mojo in T2.
- Healthier…While we eat pretty healthy in our household, occasionally I slip up. I know I shouldn’t ridicule myself for this, but I would really like to reduce the amount of refined sugar I consume.
- Happier…While I am a fairly happy person, I am working on learning to say, “No” to those people and things that don’t bring me joy, positive energy, inner peace and true happiness.
- Smoother…I have been swimming since I was very young, but that doesn’t mean I have the most fluid swim stroke. I am definitely working on making my swim stroke smoother and more efficient.
- Mentally Tougher…While I am typically mentally focused, I do have my moments when the mental focus goes out the window. I need to learn to accept pain (while training and racing) and appreciate that pain as part of my journey making me a stronger person.
- Believer…I am really working on believing that I am beautiful, believing in my abilities, believing in my training, believing that I am strong, believing that I am worth all good things, believing that I am capable of amazing things.
- Doer…Most of my motivation comes from within and when I decide to do something, I do everything in my power to get it done. I want to continue to push myself and do what it takes to accomplish my goals.
- Dreamer…I dream of someday qualifying for IRONMAN Kona. I dream of someday accomplishing a sub 12 hour IRONMAN finish. I dream of someday accomplishing a sub 5:15:00 1/2 IRONMAN finish. I dream of someday being able to maintain 20 mph on the bike followed up with an 8:30 pace on the run during a 1/2 IRONMAN. I dream of someday going back to school to get my masters degree. I dream of being the best version of myself that I can be everyday.
How are you hoping to make your life better during 2014?