I have a few blogger friends who are participating in the “10 day You challenge” and I thought this would be a fun way for my readers to get to know me a bit better outside of training and racing. Thanks to Kristin at Sweat Courage and Kristen at Glitter and Dust for sharing your 10 Day You Challenge with me and being such inspiring people and athletes!
I’ve decided that once a week, I will inform my readers of these fun facts about myself.
Here are my 10 “secrets.” While these are not entirely true secrets that I wouldn’t share with anyone, they will most likely be new pieces of information for many of you. Enjoy!
- When I was in 7th grade, my family was out for dinner and I choked on a cheese ball. I had to have the Heimlich maneuver done to save my life. Needless to say, I have never eaten another cheese ball since!
- I am allergic to insecticides…they break down my nervous system (similar to what happens to insects) and can cause me to have seizures. No bug spray for me or those around me.
- I do not have the desire to have my own children. I have more than enough children in my life that I can borrow and send home…I have 4 nieces, approximately 120 eighth grade students every year and many children of friends and neighbors.
- I LOVE to be alone. Sure I like to be social on occasion, but I really cherish my “me time.” The peace and quiet allows me to recharge my batteries and be the best person I can be.
- I rarely wear makeup…I don’t like how it feels on my face, so when I do where makeup, it is only mascara.
- Growing up on Lake Okoboji, I learned how to swim before I learned how to walk. Just because I’ve been swimming for 37 years, does not mean I have the most efficient stroke…it actually has been very challenging to change my stroke to make it more efficient.
- I have a love/hate relationship with a clean house…I LOVE a clean house, but I HATE the process of cleaning it. Dusting the house seems like such a waste of time.
- I love organization…I am always thinking about what the most efficient way to organize different environments is…home, work, closets, etc.
- I am a planner…I like to have a plan for almost everything. It is ok if the plan changes, but there must be an original plan in place 😉
- I decided to be sans alcoholic beverages while training for Ironman Wisconsin this time around. I didn’t drink much alcohol prior to this hiatus, but I wanted to see how this hiatus affected my training and racing. I have not had an alcoholic beverage since September 8, 2013 and am not really missing it 🙂
Now that I’ve shared some of my secrets with you, what secrets are you willing to share with me?