With my first 10 mile trail race coming up on Saturday, October 11, I feel it is appropriate to share with you some of my running essentials…
- Tri Kit…I am going with the Chevron Coeur kit for Saturday’s race. I love the fit of a triathlon kit when I run. I have less chafing with tighter fitting clothing. I wore a Coeur kit for the marathon at Ironman Wisconsin and had ZERO chaffing. The tight fit and seamless chamois are AH-MAZ-ING!! I would HIGHLY recommend all women give them a try!!
- Boco visor…it allows my head to ventilate, yet shade my face and absorb sweat.
- Brooks Pure Flow running shoes with iBungee shoe laces keep my feet happy. When my feet swell, the laces give in all the right places.
- Road Runner Sports Drymax Socks…help prevent blisters and keep my feet happy.
- Zoot race belt…fits just right on my hips and prevents the need for safety pins in my clothes.
- Body Glide…to prevent chafing in all of the places you don’t want it.
- Honey Stinger Chews pink lemonade flavor…just what I need for a boost of energy an hour into a run.
- Bellweather Arm Warmers…on a cool morning when the low temperatures are predicted to be 42F at race start, these are essential.
- Road ID…you never know when an accident may strike and emergency information is needed.
- Nathan hand held water bottle…this allows me to carry hydration, nutrition and my cell phone while on long training runs.
- Osmo Active Hydration…the women’s formula is great!! It keeps me hydrated, and I had zero issues with salt imbalances at Ironman Wisconsin 2014 (even while exercising for 15:15:56).
- iFitness fuel belt…it is a nice snug fit, expands to hold lots of goodies and doesn’t move or wiggle while you run.
What are your run essentials? What fun, fall races do you have planned?