Benefits of TRX:
- TRX provides a full body strength training program using gravity and your body weight to perform many different exercises.
- You are in control of how much you challenge yourself by where you position yourself in relation to the TRX suspension straps…depending on the exercise, you can make the exercise more challenging by positioning your body closer to the strap or less challenging by positioning your body further away from the strap.
- TRX exercises improve core strength and balance…there are many single-leg exercises that will improve balance and if the participant focuses on activating the core muscles with every exercise, core strength will also improve.
- TRX exercises increase muscular endurance and power.
- You can work every muscle group in a short amount of time (30-45 minutes is typical).
- TRX exercises can be aerobic (e.g. single-leg burpees, jumping lunges, etc.) or anaerobic (e.g. bicep curls, squats, tricep extensions, etc.) in nature.
- The TRX suspension strap doesn’t take up much room and can travel well.
- There are TRX suspension straps that fit over any door or bar, so you can workout anywhere…in the gym, at home, outside, at work on a break, at a hotel.
- The TRX workouts benefit people of all fitness levels and athletic abilities.
- The TRX suspension straps are much cheaper than a home gym or gym membership.
There are literally hundreds of TRX exercises that one can do, but here is a good list of 45 effective TRX exercises to start with to challenge the full body. There are exercises for beginner, intermediate and advanced TRX athletes. You can learn more by attending a TRX class in your area, meeting with a personal trainer, finding youtube videos with TRX exercises, attend a conference or training for TRX or meeting up with someone you know who participates in TRX.
My Top 10 Favorite TRX Exercises:
- Sprinter Start for power
- Atomic Push-Up
- Single Arm Row
- Single Leg Burpee
- Suspended Pike
- Suspended Plank
- Suspended Side Plank with Rotation
- Curtsey Lunge to Lateral Lunge
- Kneeling Rollout to Tricep Extension
- Crunch and Bicep Curl
Have you tried TRX before? If so, what is your favorite TRX exercise?