Thanks to De at Mind Over Kona for the inspiration to write this post. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, you should!
When I find myself struggling with motivation, I dig into my motivational arsenal, which includes the following:
- I’ve signed up for A, B, or C race and I am not going to let myself and others down by not being properly trained for it.
- I have goals and dreams that I remind myself of often.
- I always feel so much better after a good workout!!
- I am part of an AMAZING team of women that I don’t want to let down…GO Team Coeur!!
- Looking at photos from past races and finish lines.
- Watch Team Hoyt cross the Ironman finish line:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWtmcBpai9k
- Watch “Rise and Shine”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzm6TEManmQ
- Read “The Triathlete’s Guide to Mental Training” by Ph.D. Jim Taylor & Terri Schneider
- Read “A Life Without Limits: A World Champion’s Journey” by Chrissie Wellington
- Read “17 Hours to Glory: Extraordinary Stories from the Heart of Triathlon” by Mathias Muller & Mark Deterline
What do you have in your motivational arsenal to help keep you motivated?