It has taken me a bit of time to solidify my 2015 racing calendar, but this is what I’ve decided on…
Elkhart Time Trial Series – April, May, June, July and August (one Thursday evening each month) in 2015
- I did race the Elkhart Time Trial once in 2014, but I am looking forward to racing the Time Trial Series more consistently this year.
Drake 1/2 Marathon – April 26, 2015
- I’ve raced this many times in the past and am not super thrilled with the new route, but it is close to home and gives me a running race to test my run strength before my tri season really starts up.
Legend Tri 100 – June 7, 2015
- This will be an automatic PR for me when I cross the finish line. I have not finished a 100 mile triathlon before. I am really looking forward to this event since I have raced the 70.3 mile distance at this venue twice and loved it!!
Accel Olympic Triathlon – June 14, 2015
- This will be a new event for me. I am excited to get the opportunity to race an Olympic distance triathlon before Ironman Boulder. I love the distance and am thrilled to have the opportunity to go fast 🙂
Eastern Iowa Tour de CURE – June 27, 2015
- This will also be a new event for me this year. While it is not a race, it will be a great training day and opportunity to ride 75 miles on relatively protected streets and for a great cause!!
Ironman Boulder – August 2, 2015
- This will be my 3rd Ironman race, but the first time I’ll be racing in Boulder. I am pumped to be taking a 3 week vacation out in Colorado prior to the race to acclimate, relax and train a little.
Des Moines Triathlon – September 6, 2015
- Since the Hy Vee Triathlon is no more, I will be participating in the first ever Des Moines Triathlon on Labor Day weekend. I am planning on doing the Olympic distance race and seeing what my body has left with only a few weeks post #IMBoulder 😉
Runner’s Flat 50K – October 10, 2015
- Last year we participated in this event for its inaugural year, but only ran the 10 mile distance. This year I am going to attempt my first ever 50k and am looking forward to having something a bit more challenging to train for post #IMBoulder.
While I am sad to be missing some of my favorite local events this summer, I am super pumped to attempt some new events and challenges in 2015!!
What fun races do you have planned for 2015?