I have been asked many times over the years, “Why do you do triathlon?”
The simplest answer I have is, I do triathlon because it fulfills me in ways that nothing else can.
- It allows me to push my limits, both while training and racing. From workouts involving intervals while swimming, cycling and running to workouts involving long slow distances (LSD).
- It challenges me, both physically and mentally.
- It allows me to release endorphins…that makes me happy.
- It gives me structure to my training.
- It gives me goals to strive to achieve during training and racing.
- It allows me to dream..BIG 😉
- It allows me to spend time with like-minded family and friends.
- Swim/bike/run (SBR) makes my heart happy!!
- It is FUN!!
Do you participate in triathlon? If so, “why do you do triathlon?”