Near the end of October I talked with Coach Kelly about where I was and where I wanted to be. We decided that setting a challenge for the month of November would be a great way to get back on the right track. So an entire month of:
- 10 minutes of core daily
- seeing green in Training Peaks for the entire month
- no eating out
- no alcohol consumption
It was beyond time to get back into my 10 minutes of daily core strength routine…plus I knew seeing green for a full month in Training Peaks would be just the kick in the shorts I needed to relieve stress, regain my confidence, and get that positivity train moving forward again! This was something that hadn’t happened since before Ironman Mont Tremblant…4 months to be exact! No eating out and no alcohol consumption would not only be better for us, but it would also save us money! Challenges make us stronger, so I’ve decided to set a challenge for myself each month for the rest of the school year to keep me motivated and on track.
I started out November with a bit of a head cold, so I was forced by Coach Kelly to skip the “optional” workouts to give myself a little extra rest. Thankfully my body responded beautifully to the extra sleep + TLC!
Monthly Totals: 51 hours & 7 minutes
- Swim: 31,400 yards (17.84 miles)
- Bike: 188 miles
- Run: 75.9 miles
- Strength Training: 13 hours & 5 minutes (this included my 10 minutes of core strength every day of the month)
- Finding faster in the pool! I have dropped my CSS by 3 seconds (on the 100 yard distance)!
- Getting stronger on the bike! Hello bike intervals…I’ve missed you! You make me work, but you also make me stronger!
- Running at varying paces…a mix of track work + hilly runs for speed development and sloooow runs have been a theme this month!
- Rebuilding my strength…full body and core has been amazing for my swimming, cycling, and running!
- Eating home cooked meals has been better for me nutritionally and saved us money! 🙂
- No alcohol has been better for my mental state, better for me nutritionally, and has saved us money! 🙂
- I’ve overcome a lot of adversity this month in many areas of my life.
- I’m focusing on the positives!
- I am healthier and happier…I’m finding myself again! Healthy + Happy is key! 🙂
Successfully completing the November challenge will set me up perfectly for my December swim challenge at the end of the month…30K yards in 7 days?! Yep, I’m going for the BSC swim cap!! 🙂