One of my favorite bike rides is along the Iowa/Minnesota boarder in NW Iowa/SW Minnesota. I don’t get to ride here often because we can only do this ride from my parents house. Thankfully I got to squeeze in this joy filled ride into a busy weekend recently. What do I ❤ about this route?
- I get to ride in Iowa and Minnesota + one of the roads is on the boarder, so when I ride this with my fave, one of us can be in Iowa and the other in Minnesota at the same time 🙂
- There is not a lot of traffic on the roads, so I feel safe
- The road surfaces are in good condition
- I get to ride by lakes…I ❤ the water 🙂
- The terrain is rolling, so it provides a good challenge
- I always seem to smile and giggle for this entire ride, no matter how much headwind I’m fighting (and it is usually very windy)
Do you have a favorite bike route? If so, what do you ❤ about it?