I think we can all agree that last week was a HOT MESS! With all of the upheaval, uncertainty, change, anxiety, and unease, I still managed to have a pretty solid week. Yes, I am still training as if all of my big races will happen. Yes, races are getting postponed and canceled, but for me, this is a lifestyle. I don’t simply train for race day. I train for the lifestyle, the sanity it provides, the challenges it presents, and the joy it brings. It is my passion. Yes, having a race on the calendar provides me with a map for my training, but it isn’t a necessity. Currently most of my big races are still on as scheduled, although that may definitely change in the coming weeks and I am prepared mentally for it. So with that, here is a look at what last week looked like for me. Spoiler alert…a major highlight was the new addition to our family.
- 30 minutes of full body strength training before work
- 1 hour easy ride with a 20 minute run off the bike
- 3000 yard swim…I was the only one in the pool and the very last one in the pool before it was shut down by our governor. I was so grateful to have a solid swim as my send off to swimming until who knows when.
- Today marks the day I was instructed we would be working from home until who knows when. I am incredibly grateful to have a job and bring home a paycheck during these uncertain times.
- I had a split long run day…7.5 miles pushing the pace a bit in the am and 7.5 miles easy in the pm.
- 1 easy hour on the bike
- 30 minutes of strength (with a little help from Basil and Jersey)
- 30 minutes of yoga
- 1:30 brick…1 hour bike with a 30 minute progressive run off the bike.
- I had every intention of riding with my Coeur team on Zwift, but I didn’t know how to connect with them on my end, so I decided to cut my ride really short (only 15 minutes in) and go run. I took Basil for the first 10 miles and then Jersey joined me for a 1.25 mile cool down.
- 30 minutes of yoga
- 3 hour endurance ride. Grateful to have my fave by my side for just over an hour of this ride.
Swim totals: 3000 yards (1.7 miles)
Bike totals: 104 miles
Run totals: 32.1 miles
Weekly total: 15 hours & 52 minutes
Other weekly highlights:
What were the highlights of your week last week?