Last week the “new normal” started to take hold. It has given me more time with the dogs and time to help Jersey adjust to our family, which I am also very grateful for. I am still training for races as if they will happen as scheduled. Fitness is my passion and our lifestyle. Here is what last week’s workout schedule looked like.
- 2:05 brick included 1:45 on the bike + a 20 minute run off the bike…The bike was super tough. I wasn’t able to successfully nail all of the targets on the bike intervals, which was a let down, but also a positive. I’ll have more about this in another post later this week. The run off the bike was a progressive run done on the treadmill to help control pacing and push me just a little bit harder than I would have likely pushed myself outside on the roads.
- 50 minute run with 4×4 minutes at faster than 5K race pace. I didn’t anticipate this run to go very well as I was tired from yesterday’s brick workout, but I was pleasantly surprised with how my body performed.
- 30 minutes of strength training
- 1:10 bike ride with 8×3 minutes at 90% of FTP…I was pleased to hit all of these targets on this ride with tired legs.
- 30 minutes of yoga
- 12 mile run with Basil…I needed this fresh air and pavement pounding. The last two miles were a bit challenging, but we finished strong.
- 30 minutes of SBT strength training
- 2:55 endurance ride…this was more challenging than I expected. I was grateful to successfully complete this ride.
- 5K run off the bike to honor KO
- 1:55 endurance ride…this went much better than yesterday. I was grateful to have my fave by my side
- 30 minutes of yoga off the bike
I also did 15 minutes of core strength + 5 minutes of meditation daily
Swim totals: Sadly none
Bike totals: 140 miles
Run totals: 22.9 miles
Weekly total: 15 hours & 4 minutes
Other weekly highlights:
What were the highlights of your week last week?