I am getting ready for a 5 hour trainer ride to raise money for the American Diabetes Association® and the Tour de Cure® at Kyle’s Bikes on Saturday, April 18 and thought it would be fitting to share with you my cycling essentials as I prepare for this longer trainer ride. Yes, you read that correctly…5 hours in the saddle on the trainer…and I thought 3 hours & 45 minutes last weekend was tough. Please click here to make a donation; I would be forever grateful.
My cycling essentials tend to differ just a bit depending on where I ride…am I riding outdoors or am I riding on the trainer? As you’ll see, there are some common cycling essentials for cycling in both situations, but some differences do exist.
- Mojo…My Specialized Transition
- Terry Butterfly Ti Gel Saddle
- Specialized Cycling Shoes
- Speedfil water bottle
- Coeur Sports seam-free chamois tri shorts
- Osmo Active Hyrdation
- Hoo Ha Ride Glide
- Garmin 910XT
- Road ID Bracelet…I never take this off
- Kinetic Fluid Trainer
- Trainer Tire
- Trainer Skewer
- Sweat towels…lots of them
- Bell Cycling Helmet
- Tifosi Sunglasses
- Bonk Breaker Bars (on the longer rides)
- Barnana (on the longer rides)…if you order from Barnana, please feel free to use my discount code Coeur15 for 15% off your order 🙂
What are your cycling essentials? Have you ever raced or participated in an event for a charity? If so, which event and which charity?