I couldn’t resist…I decided to link up with Erin, Katie, Leslie, Jen, Kristen who have posted 101 (or 100) things about themselves. Here is 101 things about me…
- I grew up on West Lake Okoboji in northwest Iowa.
- My parents had a hotel right on the lake until I was in 7th grade.
- My first “job” was cleaning toilets at the hotel.
- I swam everyday all summer long every year of my youth.
- I had new friends all the time…every time a new family came to stay at the hotel, I had new friends to play with 😉
- I have 2 younger sisters with only 40 months separating my youngest sister from me.
- My parents are saints to have raised 3 teenage girls all at the same time…no thanks!
- Both of my grandmothers are identical twins.
- My mother-in-law is a twin.
- My sister has twins.
- We will not be having children…I don’t want quadruplets.
- I love being an aunt!! Spoil them and send them on their way 😉
- I have 4 nieces with another on the way…due in April 😉
- I love SBR…it makes me happy!
- I am a Coeur Sports Ambassador for 2015.
- I am passionate about endurance sport.
- I hope to break down barriers and help more women grow to love and participate in endurance sport.
- I am a dog mamma to two beautiful black labs…Mya and Basil.
- The Iron Hippie and I met while running.
- The Iron Hippie and I both participate in endurance sport.
- I have ran 11 stand alone marathons.
- I have finished 2 Ironman races.
- Karma Kombucha is my favorite beverage.
- I love to write things down…I not only keep track of my workouts in Training Peaks online, but I also write everyone down by hand. There is something about hand writing thoughts, workouts, ideas, etc.
- I love country music.
- Running with Basil off leash makes my heart happy…she has so much fun!
- I was a high school cheerleader.
- This is ironic since I seriously lack coordination.
- The boys basketball team made it to state and I was lucky enough to cheer at the state tournament (even though we didn’t make it past the first game).
- I love avocados!
- I drive a 2012 Toyota Rav4 and I love it!
- Mojo is my favorite ride (Specialized Transition)…we have the perfect chemistry!!
- I love our Vitamix…Thanks Mom & Dad for a great Christmas gift!
- I’ve traveled all over Italy and Venice was my favorite city.
- I love to read a book every night before bed…an actual book, not something online or on a kindle.
- I hate shopping.
- Unless I am shopping for workout apparel/gear.
- I love to cook, but not bake.
- I think I could be vegetarian, except I could never give up fish.
- I love sushi…my mouth is watering for it right now.
- I am currently snowed in at my parents place and may not make it home before work tomorrow…bummer 😉
- I love watching NCIS episodes…we keep watching them over and over and over.
- I got a new winter coat for Christmas from my in-laws.
- My last winter coat was 17 years old.
- I’d rather spend my money on workout apparel/gear than a new winter coat 😉
- I am definitely a Mac girl…no PC here 😉
- My mother is the sports fan and my father is the decorator…role reversals 😉
- I love Basil snuggles!
- Clean sheets are one of my favorite things!
- Running along Lake Shore Drive in Okoboji is one of my favorite places to run.
- I love Madison, Wisconsin and would love to live there someday!
- It was really hard to get to 51 things about me…only 50 more 😉
- Yellow is my favorite color…it is a happy color 🙂
- I love homemade sweet potato and kale pizza on gluten-free crust.
- I won’t burn candles…I witnessed a house fire and someone died due to a burning candle.
- I could not live without fruits and vegetables…LOVE THEM!!
- I’ve often thought about going on the show Survivor, but could not live without my toothbrush and toothpaste.
- I love hot yoga and my yoga mat!!
- With the current windchill temperatures of -10F, I am dreaming of hot yoga.
- I just told my boss I wouldn’t be at work tomorrow because I am not putting my life in danger by driving home in this horrible storm.
- I’ve always wanted to swim with the dolphins.
- I am more of an introvert than an extrovert.
- I have no problem going to the movie or out to dinner by myself.
- I need to work on being more social with family and friends.
- I like to #DreamBig
- I find happiness and joy from overcoming obstacles I didn’t think were possible.
- I enjoy the freedom to do what I want, when I want.
- Honeycrisp apples are the best!
- I can’t stand coffee.
- My body does not respond well to caffeine.
- I would rather rent a movie, than go to the movie theatre.
- I am happiest when I am on my bike.
- Growing up, I never went skinny dipping in the lake.
- I did go skinny dipping in the pool at my parents house.
- I want to go to Bora Bora.
- My dad’s mother’s twin sister, Velma, lived with us while I was growing up.
- She always made treats for us…cookies, peanut brittle, candies, cakes, pies, etc.
- The 4th of July is my favorite holiday.
- Only because we spend the whole day on our bikes…usually doing a century ride 😉
- I worked at The Ritz in Okoboji growing up.
- This job exposed me to more than you could ever know.
- I can not stand to have long fingernails.
- I cut them every Sunday.
- I love snail mail!
- I played the piano for a couple of years growing up.
- I wish I still played the piano.
- I also wish I played the acoustic guitar.
- I can not sing, but I like to listen to music.
- I love having smoothies after a tough workout.
- I am a creature of habit…I follow the same routine in the shower everyday.
- My biggest pet peeves: cover your mouth when you sneeze, flush the toilet when you use it, wash your hands after you blow your nose and wash your hands after you use the toilet…GERMS=YUCK!!
- Daisies are my favorite flower.
- I don’t like the Iron Hippie spending money on flowers…they just die.
- I’d rather have him save the money and spend it on workout apparel/gear I can enjoy longer 😉
- I don’t go anywhere without my water bottle.
- I slept 14 hours last night.
- Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks.
- We make it in a pot on the stove almost everyday.
- I love grapefruit!
- So does Basil 😉
- I love snowshoeing.
17 thoughts on “101 Things…”
Wow, I didn’t know you had two sisters. Are you all close? I have always wondered what it would be like if I had a sibling.
I am the same way about spending money of flowers. My husband still does it every once in a while, but it has to be the flowers from Trader Joe’s because they will last a while and aren’t expensive.
Cheers to smoothies – especially during the warm summer months. It was fun getting to know you a little more!! Glad you joined in on the fun!
Thanks Kristen! My sisters and I are close, but not so much in proximity…we’d like to live closer together.
Love your list! We have so much in common! Didn’t know you’ve done 11 marathons – cool! When did you break into tri’s or have you done those along the way with running?
I have a lot of friends who drove in that storm (they all got home safely and were out of town, but I’d just stay put) so glad you’re staying put! Thanks for sharing!
I started triathlons in 2009 and have interspersed marathons here and there since then, but most were run prior to 2010. The interstate was closed for a bit today, so that was a huge deciding factor on us staying put for the night.
Lots in common here too, ha! My favorite is popcorn from a pot on stove! Fun list, I don’t know that I follow this trend though, I’d have a really hard time coming up with that many things 🙂 Enjoy your snow day tomorrow.
Thanks! It wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. 😉
Great to read more about you!!! The bike that I want to buy is a Specialized!! 🙂
We love clean sheet day!!
What don’t you like about coffee? I am not a big coffee drinker but I love coffee ice cream!!
Yay for Specialized!! I don’t like the taste or smell of coffee…nothing coffee for me 😉
Right there with you in the 4th of July, clean sheets and grapefruit. I’ve never made popcorn on the stove, but I’m thinking I need to try it. Great list!
Thanks Jenn!! So much fun!! You should definitely try popcorn on the stove…SO MUCH BETTER 😉
I love grapefruit too! Currently eating one 🙂 Have a nice day off work!
Thanks Jessie…now just to get back home safely today.
Great list! I like to bake, but not cook 😉
Funny how we all have our preferences 😉
loved learning more about you, Kecia!! I had no idea you had ran that many marathons, very impressive lady!! I also love snuggles from my puppy:) I also need to work on being more social, but then part of me is starting to think this is just how I am? I’m trying though! I love my popcorn and I also can’t go anywhere without my waterbottle!
I too am starting to think that being an introvert is just part of who I am, but I’m still trying to be more social 😉