Last week was all about discipline! Discipline to go workout (even when I didn’t want to), discipline while racing (start off easy, build into race pace, and try to hammer it at the end), discipline to use the data given to me from Inside Tracker. Discipline, discipline, discipline…As Coach Kelly says, “You don’t always have to be motivated, but you do have to be disciplined.” #trackcatstrong
Swim: 5550 yards
Bike: 42.3 miles
Run: 19.7 miles
Strength Training: 10 minutes of core strength daily
Yoga: 30 minutes
Weekly Totals: 9 hours & 57 minutes
Quote of the Week:
“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” ~Jim Rohn
Attitude of Gratitude:
Tips for when you’re unmotivated:
- Text, call, email someone who is invested in your journey and will encourage + push you.
- Put your feet on the floor and go do the work before your brain thinks about why it doesn’t think you should. JUST SHOW UP!!
- Focus on your “Why.” Why do you want to achieve x, y, or z? Write about it! Reconnect with it.
- Envision yourself achieving success. How does it make you feel?! Tap into those amazing feelings!
- Find the FUN! Remember how much FUN you’ve had doing this before and how much FUN you are going to have in the future.
- Listen to your favorite motivating song(s) to pump you up and get you moving in the right direction!
- Eat a snack that makes you excited to go do the work! Taste success!
- Make the decision ahead of time to do the work. Commit to it and follow through! JUST SHOW UP!
- Prepare to celebrate! After you’ve shown up and done the work, CELEBRATE! Throw a dance party, jam out to your favorite song singing at the top of your lungs, do a handstand, indulge in a sweet reward, stand in power pose. Whatever it is, just celebrate!
- Sign up for a race! Sometimes this is all the motivation you need to SHOW UP and DO THE WORK!
- Order some fun, new gear to motivate you!
How was your week?! What were you grateful for last week?! What tips do you have for staying disciplined when you aren’t motivated?!