This week’s edition is my fears…
- Having children…this includes being pregnant, caring for someone who is dependent on me and having to adjust my life to revolve around them. I love my nieces, but definitely don’t want children of my own.
- Snakes…while small garden snakes startle me, I’m talking about the big ones. The ones you see people wrap around their bodies. What are they thinking?!?!?! Those things can kill you!!
- Not achieving my goals…when I set goals for myself, I fear that I won’t reach them. I realize that some of the goals may take much more time to achieve, but what if something happens and I don’t achieve them.
- Having to use my CPR/AED training…just because I know what to do, does not mean I am ready to use that knowledge. I am forever grateful to the first responders who have to use this training much more frequently.
- Losing my loved ones too soon…I realize people get older and accidents happen, but I dread the day my loved ones are no longer on this Earth…when I can’t pick up the phone to call them, give them a hug or just sit quietly in the same room with them.
- Being trapped in a burning building…in 2003 I witnessed a neighbor house burn to the ground with a person inside, this fear has become more real.
- Not being able to exercise…while I have experienced injuries in the past, when I can’t do the activities that I enjoy or at the levels I want, I become a bear. I fear another injury and not being able to do what I love.
- Not being the best version of myself…for me, the ones I love and those around me that I am a role model for. Character is important to me and sometimes it is difficult to maintain good character when exposed to stressful or challenging situations.
Now that I’ve shared my fears, what are your fears?